The Benevolent Asylum – Guided Walking Tour

Stephen Hatcher

Please join members and friends to learn more about the the Benevolent Asylum, the first permanent building in the area. Opened in 1851 on a ten-acre site in rolling green countryside, later to be bound by Abbotsford, Elm, Curzon and Miller Streets, it grew into a massive complex of three-story buildings, housing some 700 souls, which dominated the North and …