The National Trust has classified eleven buildings and two organs in North and West Melbourne.
“Brassey House”, 111 Chapman Street, 1888
Former Cable Tram Engine House, Corner Queensberry & Abbotsford Streets, 1890
Former ES&A Bank, Cnr. Leveson & Queens-berry Street, c 1870
Fountain, outside Town Hall, corner Errol & Queensberry Streets. House
596 Queensberry Street, 1857
House, 456 Victoria Street, c1854
Metropolitan Meat Market, Cnr, Blackwood and Courtney Streets, 1874
Presbyterian-Union Memorial Church, Northern Corner Curzon and Elm Streets, 1879
St. Mary’s Church of England, Howard St., Town Hall, Cnr, Queensberry and Errol Streets, 1875
Pipe Organ, St. Alban’s Church, Melrose St.,
Houses, 58,64 Dudley Street
Organ, St. Mary’s Star of the Sea
Former Wesleyan Church Sunday School, (now factory), Cnr. Howard and Queensberry Streets.
“Castle Hill”, 465 Victoria Street
Victoria Hotel, Cnr. Peel & Victoria Streets.
Houses, 62 and 64 Capel Street.
Royal Standard Church, 333 William Street.
Presbytery, St. Mary’s Star of the Sea
tHouses, 34 to 40 Lades Place
by Kay Hopwood. First published in the North Melbourne News, Sept/Oct edition 1982.
Do you know more interesting stories about North & West Melbourne? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org